WordPress is a blogging platform which also offers content management system facilities. It is the most popular CMS today, enjoying the support of 60 million plus people, all of whom swear by the tool. Released in May 2003 as Version 1.0, it has been downloaded by users and WordPress Web Development service providers over 6 million times. The current version 3.6, was released in August 2013 and supports numerous themes and features including post locking and auto save.
WordPress provides numerous features that help the user to make their content more functional and eye pleasing. Some of the most popular features include:-
- Themes – Users can install new themes from the templates or customize them. They change the appearance of the page as well the functionality while keeping the content unchanged.
- Widgets – These are tiny modules that support useful activities like drag and drop, image changes, search features etc.
- Multi Blogging – This feature enables a blog community to control multiple bloggers via a single dashboard. This is particularly helpful for small enterprises who upload a huge amount of content regularly.
- Plugin – WordPress has a whopping 26,000 strong database for its plugins. These can be utilized by the users to customize their page and tailor them to specific needs. Addition of widgets and navigation bars are popular with the users at present.
- Mobile – WordPress has brought out new applications with limited features for new platforms which include Androids, iOS for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad as well as WebOS.
Wannabe bloggers as well as professional content writers can also use WordPress with ease because it supports a web template system where all you have to do is to write and upload the content by clicking on the right buttons.
However, it can become a web developer’s dream tool too. This is how WordPress web Development can help to make the task easier and time effective.
- Developing a website is not about handling new codes and writing programs every time. 80% of the work is repetitive while only about 1% of the task pertains to creativity. WordPress can be successfully utilized to maintain designs and codes that are likely to be used again and again. Choosing this particular CMS over others has a few benefits. They include:-
- It consists of a number of independent contributors which makes it easy to maintain your code and keep it both updated and commercially viable even though you are using an open source model.
- You can easily utilize the new features and security patches while fixing the bugs in your code and keep it updated with a single click on WordPress.
- The free plugins and features also enable you to customize your WordPress page at will. It can help you to keep your work functional apart from changing the look of your page.
- The inter-functioning of WordPress with other platforms is phenomenal too. You will be able to use everything from AdSense to iPhones and Google Maps in tandem with your WordPress page too.